- Identify plants/or plant parts whose extracts can be used as potential food (sausage) colorant.( red amaranthus, tomatoes, water melons and Hibiscus spp (Acer plant, locally known as ‘musayi’)
- Determine the color intensity of the obtained fruit juices and plant extracts.
- Study the affect of different temperatures on the stability of the identified colorant(s).
- Determine the internal color of sausages (kept under refrigeration, before cooking and after cooking) as measured using a Color Difference Meter (Tintometer model E).
- Determine the acceptability of sausages colored with plant extract colorant.
Note that all references used in all postings related to the topic of sausages, meat and meat product colorings will be posted in the last article about this topic.
Mr. Sempiri Geoffery, the author of this article graduated from Makerere University with a Bsc In Food Science and Technology Degree in January, 2011.